WHAT NOT TO DO AT NYFW
New York Fashion Week is upon us and etiquette matters. To help, here are our top ten absolute don’ts at #NYFW (yes, it's ok to use hashtags, but don't overdo it).
1. Don’t ignore the weather reports. Prepare for the elements, but keep it functional. A bulky coat will keep you warm outside but doesn’t do too well inside a cramped space. Your Memory Jacket from NOTTEVERA, on the other hand, will keep you warm without invading the seat next to you. Use common sense.
2. Don't wear shoes you can’t walk in. We’re sorry to break it to you, but you’re not the star of the show. You want something elegant and comfortable. These fabulous lace-up booties will do just fine, thank you.
3. Don’t bring your dog. Unless he or she understands fashion better than you and can rock an outfit like these cool dudes.
4. Don’t steal other people’s seats. If your spot is way back, don’t go crashing that empty seat in first row. You don’t want to mess up the seating chart, plus you’ll look like a fool if you’re asked to vacate.
5. Don’t grab goodie bags that were not meant for you. That’s just not cool.
6. Don’t take a million selfies. The show is in front of you, not behind you. Unfollowed!
7. Don’t go crazy when you see a celebrity. Chances are you’ll bump into quite a few stars. If you really can't resist the urge to take that pic, do so but discreetly. Act like a real New Yorker.
8. Don’t shove people as you exit the show. We know you're in a hurry, and so are we. A little courtesy makes the whole process easier - and faster - for everybody.
9. Don’t linger around street-style photographers. Hanging around street-style photographers hoping to get noticed smacks of desperation - and never works. If you really want to stand out, dress for yourself – not the lens.
10. Don’t be rude. Just don't. We're all invited guests at a fashion show, and we all want to have a good time. Who needs drama? NYFW is the best show on earth. Be nice and enjoy the show!